Once again, we're collaborating with one of our favourite independent bookshops Golden Hare books to bring you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese.
For November we have selected
Scattered All Over the Earth by Yoko Tawada:
A mind-expanding, cheerfully dystopian novel about friendship, difference and what it means to belong, Scattered All Over the Earth follows Hiruko, a former citizen of Japan and a climate refugee. Japan has vanished into the sea and is remembered as 'the land of sushi.' Resettled in Denmark, she begins teaching immigrant children in the language of Panska, a language she invented herself. Hiruko soon makes new friends to join her in her travels searching for anyone who can still speak her mother tongue.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Golden Hare Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
- the book club takes place in our wine cellar to which there is only step access. Sincere apologies for any access issues this causes.
- bookclub tickets are non-refundable
- we are limiting the group size to 12