Once again, we're collaborating with one of our favourite independent bookshops Golden Hare books to bring you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese.
For October we have selected
What I'd Rather Not Think About by Jente Posthuma:
In brief, precise vignettes, full of gentle melancholy and surprising humour, What I'd Rather Not Think About tells the story of a depressive brother, viewed from the perspective of the sister who both loves and resents her twin, struggles to understand him, and misses him terribly. The narrator is a twin whose brother has recently taken his own life. She looks back on their childhood, and tells of their adult lives: how her brother tried to find happiness, but lost himself in various men and the Bhagwan movement, though never completely.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Golden Hare Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
- the book club takes place in our wine cellar to which there is only step access. Sincere apologies for any access issues this causes.
- bookclub tickets are non-refundable
- we are limiting the group size to 12