Once again, we're collaborating with one of our favourite independent bookshops Golden Hare books to bring you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese.
For September we have selected
Trust by Hernan Diaz:
Trust by Hernan Diaz brings us on a quest for truth while confronting the lies that often live buried in the human heart. A sweeping puzzle of a novel about power, greed, love and a search for the truth, Trust is set in 1920s New York where a Wall Street tycoon takes a young woman as a wife. From there, they achieve success and rise to the top - amid speculation. Now a novelist is threatening to reveal the secrets behind their marriage. Who will have the final word in their story of greed, love and betrayal?
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Golden Hare Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
- the book club takes place in our wine cellar to which there is only step access. Sincere apologies for any access issues this causes.
- bookclub tickets are non-refundable
- we are limiting the group size to 12