We have been fans of The Portobello Bookshop long before opening S&G Porty, so we are delighted we now get to collaborate with them with our Bookclub.
Alongside Portobello Books we will be bringing you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese hosted in Smith & Gertrude Portobello once a month.
The Wine & Cheese Book Club will be hosted in our back room space in Portobello by Kira from Portobello Books.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Portobello Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
For November we have selected Nightcrawling by Leila Mottley
We'll laugh because we can, until the sun disintegrates and nighttime threatens to set us free just to capture us again, back into the things we can't escape. Kiara does not know what it is to live as a normal seventeen-year-old. With her mother in a halfway house, she fends for herself - and for nine-year-old Trevor, whose own mother disappears for days at a time.But as the pressures of rent to pay and mouths to feed increase, Kiara finds herself walking the streets after dark, determined to survive in a world that refuses to protect her. Nightcrawling is an unforgettable novel about young people navigating the darkest corners of an adult world, told with a humanity that is at once agonising and utterly mesmerising.
- Unfortunately we can not offer any refunds on book club tickets
- As the Book Club is extremely popular we are limiting the group size to 12 and we are also limiting ticket sales to 2 per person please. Thank you.