We have been fans of The Portobello Bookshop long before opening S&G Porty, so we are delighted we now get to collaborate with them with our Bookclub.
Alongside Portobello Books we will be bringing you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese hosted in Smith & Gertrude Portobello once a month.
The Wine & Cheese Book Club will be hosted in our back room space in Portobello by Kira from Portobello Books.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Portobello Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
For September we have selected We Had To Remove This Post by Hanna Bervoets
Does what you see change who you are? Kayleigh is broke. Out of options, she takes a job as a content moderator, reviewing horrors and hate online and deciding which posts need to be removed. Kayleigh is good at her job, and in her colleagues she finds a group of friends, even a new girlfriend. For the first time in her life, the future seems bright .But soon the job begins to shift Kayleigh's world in alarming ways. In the glare of the screen, how long can Kayleigh hold on to her humanity? Hanna Bervoets' stunning novel We Had To Remove This Post is translated from the Dutch by Emma Rault.
- Unfortunately we can not offer any refunds on book club tickets
- As the Book Club is extremely popular we are limiting the group size to 12 and we are also limiting ticket sales to 2 per person please. Thank you.