Once again, we're collaborating with our favourite independent bookshop Golden Hare books to bring you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese.
This month's selection Tower is a series of interconnected stories set in Beanstalk, a 674-story skyscraper and sovereign nation. Each story deals with how citizens living in the hypermodern high-rise deal with various influences of power in their lives: a group of researchers have to tell their boss that a major powerbroker is a dog, a woman uses the power of the internet to rescue a downed fighter pilot abandoned by the government, and an out-of-towner finds himself in charge of training a gentle elephant to break up protests. Bae explores the forces that shape modern life with wit and a sly wink at the reader. Published by the brilliant Honford Star who have long been big favourites of Golden Hare.
The Wine & Cheese Book Club will be hosted downstairs in our wine cellar by David from Golden Hare, one of the best in the business when it comes to leading book chats and who has run the majority of our Wine & Cheese Book Clubs in the past.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Golden Hare Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
- the book club takes place in our wine cellar to which there is only step access. Sincere apologies for any access issues this causes.
- we will happily refund any tickets purchased at least 3 weeks prior to the event date. Any refunds for cancellations made with less than 3 weeks notice will be based solely on us being able to re-sell the ticket
- the Book Club is extremely popular and as the maximum group size is only 12 people, we are limiting ticket sales to 2 per person please