Once again, we're collaborating with one of our favourite independent bookshops Golden Hare books to bring you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese.
For April we have selected A Lonely Man by Chris Power.
When two men meet in a bookshop in Berlin they begin an uneasy friendship. Patrick has a sensational story to tell: a ghostwriter for a Russian oligarch recently found hanged, he says the people who killed his boss are now following him... A twist on the cat-and-mouse narrative, A Lonely Man is about the search for identity and the elastic nature of truth.
As the two men's association hurtles towards tragedy, Robert is forced to confront whether actual events are the only things that give a story life, and if some stories are too dangerous to tell.
The Wine & Cheese Book Club will be hosted downstairs in our wine cellar by Jenna from Golden Hare leading the book chat.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Golden Hare Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
- unfortunately we can't offer any refunds on book club tickets
- the book club takes place in our wine cellar to which there is only step access. Sincere apologies for any access issues this causes.
- the book club is extremely popular and only has 12 spaces, so we ask that you limit each booking to two tickets please