It's back for 2022. The return of the wonderful Wine & Cheese Book Club is upon us.
Once again, we're collaborating with our favourite independent bookshop Golden Hare books to bring you a series of brilliant reads, beautiful wines and seasonal cheese.
This month's selection for this iteration of the Wine & Cheese Book Club has recently been longlisted for the International Booker Prize. Phenotypes by Paulo Scott is a powerful, stylish and complex tale of two very different brothers of mixed black and white heritage. Divided by the colour of their skin and the racial tension in Brazilian society, a shared dark secret from their past threatens to tear them even further apart. This exploratory novel probes into the seams of modern society and begs the question - can we truly unite when the past looms over us?
The Wine & Cheese Book Club will be hosted downstairs in our wine cellar by David from Golden Hare, one of the best in the business when it comes to leading book chats and who has run the majority of our Wine & Cheese Book Clubs in the past.
The cost of your ticket includes the following:
- A copy of that months quite brilliant book club book (available to be collected from Golden Hare Books as soon as you have booked)
- A glass of wine on arrival to help get the conversation started
- Cheese. Lots of cheese to keep the discussion flowing
- the book club takes place in our wine cellar to which there is only step access. Sincere apologies for any access issues this causes.
- we will happily refund any tickets purchased at least 1 month prior to the event date. Any refunds for cancellations made with less than a months notice will be based solely on us being able to re-sell the ticket
- the Book Club is extremely popular and as the maximum group size is only 12 people, we are limiting ticket sales to 2 per person please